Optical fiber is the predominant media type for mission-critical datacenter links, backbone within buildings, and longer distances for campus networks. As network speeds and bandwidth demands increase, distance and loss limitations have decreased, making fiber optic cabling more important than ever, these connection tend to break sometimes and need constant maintenance.
For decades, fiber optics have been inspected and maintained to ensure the proper passage of light for optimum data transfer. While inspection and maintaining fiber connections is not new, it is growing in importance with accordance to increasingly higher data transfer rates while driving decreasingly smaller data loss. With less tolerance for overall data loss, the attenuation through adapters must be lower than ever before. This can be achieved by properly inspecting and maintaining fiber optic cables when they are installed and over a certain intervals of time.
Fiber optic testers include tools to perform basic inspection, maintenance, basic troubleshooting and verification testers, certification testers, and advanced OTDR testers for troubleshooting and analysis of existing cabling.
We aggregate full-fledged solutions for measuring, testing and interpretation of tested data for telecom transmission infrastructures.
We offer the following products range for Fiber Optic Testing and Maintenance:
- OTDR – Optical Time Domain Reflectometer used for analyzing the length and the quality of optical fiber cable.
- Fusion Splicer – used for fusing and splicing damaged optical fiber.
- Power meter – used to measure power.
- Optical laser source – Used to detect faults and breaks
- Visual fault finder – visually detect defects and loss or damage in the cable path.
- Next generation of proactive alarm-based systems like FOMA and more.