DMR & dPMR are mobile radio telecommunication solutions which are mostly used to communicate during critical situations when conventional systems fail as they have an uptime of 99.99%. They have all the features of conventional telecommunication systems and in addition to that they have exclusive call clarity.
DMR (Digital Mobile Radio)
- DMR is an ETSI standardized low cost, low complexity, professional digital radio solution designed to migrate analog FM radio users to digital.
- DMR standards (ETSI TS102 361) were published in 2005. There are 3 ‘Tiers’ specified – Tier II and Tier III are of interest to professional users. Pelrous offers these to clients.
- DMR operates in 12.5kHz channels and uses 2 slot TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) to achieve 6.25kHz equivalence. Tier II is conventional, Tier III is trunked.
- Provides a simple path to migrate analog FM LMR users to 6.25kHz digital radio technology.
dPMR (Digital Private Mobile Radio)
- dPMR is an ETSI standardised minimal cost digital radio solution.
- dPMR is a Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) system.
- dPMR standards (TS102 490 and TS102 658) were published in 2007 – after DMR. There are 2 tiers specified – Tier 2, Modes 2 & 3 are relevant to professional users.
- dPMR operates in 6.25kHz channels. Tier2, Mode2 is conventional, Tier2, Mode3 is trunked.